- This event has passed.
Asia and The Pacific Transport Forum 2022, Accelerating Transformative and Decarbonized Transport
April 5, 2022 @ 8:00 AM - April 7, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused disruptions in the transport sector and has forced changes in the industry caused by the shift in public transport and people’s personal mobility. Countries have adapted to these changes depending on their capabilities and unique situations.
As governments recover from the pandemic, many governments expressed their desire to “build forward better,” the Asian Development Bank is ready to support them.
Many of the lessons from the pandemic – the innovations and adaptability displayed during its peak can be used to accelerate the development of sustainable and decarbonized transport in Asia and the Pacific region.
This is the second time during the pandemic that ADB will be hosting the Asia and the Pacific Transport Forum on how transport will work in a changing world.
The series of special webinars from 5-7 April will bring together experts in the community, policymakers, and stakeholders in Asia and the Pacific to discuss the region’s transport issues and the potential solutions.
- Provide an opportunity for representatives of the Asian transport expert community to develop a greater understanding of key transport issues in the present and near future: changes in urban transport, building resilience to future crises in transportation, and environmental aspects to transport, especially in light of the Paris Agreement and alignment to its climate change targets.
- Allow those working on real-world sustainable transport solutions such as policymakers, thought leaders, and practitioners working in the transport sector to discuss their experiences shaping the transport sector in this time of mixed recovery and uncertainty.
- Engage discussions between ADB and its developing member countries and partners on the challenges and opportunities facing the transport sector and what “build forward better” will be implemented across the region.
- Key decision-makers of governmental urban transport organizations
- Infrastructure/asset managers of urban transport systems
- Urban transport sector specialists focused on technical or policy issues
- Policymakers, regulators, and managers from the public and private sectors
- Representatives and experts in urban transport-related technologies
- Development and knowledge partners working on urban transport issues
To know more about the event and how to register, please CLICK on this link ➔ ADB’s Asia and Pacific Transport Forum.