The MHEW 2020 is an event that promotes the availability and application of research science, and technology to support the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2020. This year’s symposium will be a virtual conference on 14th to 16th of December 2020 which hosted from Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Dr Srinivasa Kumar Tummala, Director, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India
Dr Harkunti Rahayu, The International Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC-UNESCO) Intergovernmental Coordination Group for the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (ICG/IOTWMS) ICG/IOTWMS WG 1 on Tsunami Risk Community Awareness and Preparedness)
Professor Priyan Dias Senior, Professor Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
Dr Ananada Mallawathanthri, Country Representative International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in Sri Lanka
- Align to global frameworks on DRR, sustainable development and climate change
- Understand key challenges in Sri Lanka and globally, including pandemics such as COVID 19
- Capture state of the art developments and recommendations for policy
- Plenary session 1 – Science, Policy and Practice Nexus for Risk Analytics, Early Warning Systems and Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs): Perspectives from the Asian Countries. ADPC and Asian Preparedness Partnership (APP)
- Thematic session 1 – on integrating epidemic and pandemic preparedness into disaster risk reduction. Universities of Huddersfield, Moratuwa and Colombo
- Thematic session 2 – Nature Based Solutions (NBs) for a Resilient Future. ADPC
- Plenary session 2 – Conference closing session
- Capacity building in Sri Lanka DRM sector
- Launch of the Colombo 2020 DRR declaration
Click the Flyer for more details.