- This event has passed.
Sustainability Week 2020 Virtual Event
October 5, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - October 9, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
10 hours of curated content over 5 days.
The event is the industries’ response to the current global climate crises highlighted during the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos in January 2020.
“From scorched landscapes to melting ice caps and polluted oceans, the impacts of climate change are clear and immediate. Yet despite the warning signs, progress to limit global warming remains slow and inadequate. Now, as the world grapples with the disruption of COVID-19—a crisis that at once threatens climate action and reinforces the need for collective efforts—businesses and governments realise that they can’t simply return to normal. But can this disruption spur affirmative action?
The Economist’s Sustainability Week will bring together industry leaders, policymakers, entrepreneurs and researchers to assess what businesses in particular—but also governments and NGOs—can do to rise to the challenge. How can solutions be scaled up to meet internationally agreed goals? Can the disruption of COVID-19 accelerate progress? How can we scale solutions, alter behaviours and collaborate better?”
This event is an opportunity to hear from leading voices on the issue of sustainability, without increasing your carbon footprint.
Featuring the following speakers:
- Alan Jope, Unilever, Chief Executive
- Douglas Lamont, Innocent Drinks, CE
- Angel Gurria, OECD, Secretary-General
- Virginie Helias, Procter & Gamble, Chief sustainability officer
- Hoesung Lee, IPCC, Chair
- Gail Bradbrook, Extinction Rebellion, Co-founder
- Vanessa Wright, Pernod Ricard, Group VP, sustainability and responsibility
- Ann Tracy, Colgate-Palmolive, Chief sustainability officer
- and many others.
To register, click this link ⇒ SUSTAINABILITY WEEK 2020
Applications to attend the roundtable are subject to approval by The Economist Events.
Who should attend?
- Senior sustainability and CSR professionals – all industries
- Impact investors / responsible investors
- Charities and organisations with interest in sustainability issues
- Sustainability academics, e.g. researchers and professors
- Government bodies/departments who focus on the environment
For further information on this virtual event, click this website.
- October 5, 2020 @ 1:00 pm
- October 9, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Climate Change Conference
- The Economist